Blog 1
1. What health issues you are most concerned about? Why? Interview 2-3 women (different ages, ethnicities and/or cultures if possible) and ask them the same question. You may provide pseudo names to protect their identity. How are your concerns similar or different from their's? Explain.
Lana Krasniqui age 23 born and raise in Texas, is pregnant and she is most concern about gaining the right amount of weight and eating the right foods. During her pregnancy she wants to be at a healthy weight and keep her baby safe. She is concerned about eating right and getting all the necessary nutrients so her baby can be healthy.
Megan Kite age 24 born and raise in Texas, is a Kindergarten teacher, and one of her concerns is keeping herself healthy. Working in an environment with little kids they tend to be sick most of the time she doesn’t want to be the one spreading the sickness so she keeps her immune system in control, taking vitamins daily and talking to the kids parents to keep them at home in case they get a flu or a symptom that can spread around the classroom.
I’m Hispanic 25 years old, and my concerns are not that different from them in my case I want to be healthy all the time. I try to exercise 2 to 3 times a week avoiding fast food, sodas, and candies. Sometimes my life gets really busy working and going to school that gets hard to get a healthy meals that includes veggies and fruits. I try to balance my diet eating good meals at least 3 to 4 times a week. I feel that is very important to maintain a healthy diet because in the future when I get older I don’t want to get sick all the time, so now is the time to take care of my body eating well, not drinking too much alcohol and avoiding to smoke cigarettes.
No comments:
Post a Comment