Hello everyone my name is Digna Marina Rojas I am 25 years old I
work full time in an Italian restaurant called Patrizio’s I have been serving
there for the past 2 years; my job is easy but sometimes it can
be very stressful trying to handle too many tables at the same time, but that’s
not what I want to do for the rest of my life. Ever since I was a little girl I
always dreamt about helping people in my community. I consider myself a very
humble, loyal, friendly, caring and very outgoing person. It doesn’t take me
much to make friends or to feel comfortable around somebody. In my life I have
encountered many hard times, which made me realize at a young age that nothing
comes easy, you need to work hard and struggle to get what you want. I am still
in the process of learning about myself, I’m working on my dreams hopefully
I’ll be able to graduate next fall with a Health Studies degree my major is
Community Health. I was born in Tarapoto-Peru for the ones that they don't have
any idea, is located in the high jungle plateau to the east of Peru.
My family moved to
the States around 9 years ago and I still haven't been back to my country since
then. I have 3 brothers, I'm the only girl and the oldest in my family, my
youngest brother is 11 years old he makes me so happy and I love to spend time
with him doing fun activities on my free time. What I love the most about my
little brother is he has big dreams for his future. He already knows when he
grows up would like to be in the "Marines". When I have free time from work I like
to workout, do yoga, hang out with my friends and boyfriend. My family is my
motivation to do good in this life I want my parents to feel proud of me when I
graduate. In the future I want to have my career set and be able to help my
parents financially, I believe that everything can be possible if you set a
goal and work for it. 
Hi Digna,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading you bio. I see a lot of similarity in our background. My parents are from Mexico and instilled in me the importance of working hard and following my dreams. I plan to continue my education in bilingual teaching. Like yourself, I want to give back to the community and help those kids who are struggling with the English language. I wish you the best in all you do and don't give up!
Sincerely,
Sandy Cervantes
Hey Digna! Is the Patrizio's you work at in Highland Village? If so, I go there pretty often and I think I have seen you before. I am also a community health major and absolutely love it. I really enjoyed reading your background and admire your reasons of wanting a degree. I, too also want to make my parents proud and give back to them for everything that have provided for me.
ReplyDelete