Saturday, October 20, 2012

Blog 2


 1.  Imagine a parent of a pre-teen who is about to have “The Talk” with him/her. Please write the scenario (where/when/how) the talk would take place and exactly what the parent should say. Include any resources the parent might recommend to the pre-teen, or questions (and their answers) the parent should anticipate.

I believe as a parent I would start noticing when it would be appropriate to have “the talk” with my pre- teen. I would notice their body starting to change or perhaps some interest towards the other sex (even as friends).I would make a firm but comfortable approach as best as I could, I also want to make it a time in the evening when the day has slowed down and their mind is not distracted. We would also be in a private room or space so that no one would make them feel uncomfortable or awkward. I would say thing like “ There are many ways of protection and ways to avoid it.” I would especially stress protection, another things that I would also talk about guilt and self-esteem, how both of these factors can play a huge role in what sex can result in.If my pre-teen were to ask me what they would do in a situation where they feel pressured, then I would explain that it is always okay to walk away and say no without feeling the pressure to be liked. We all have a choice and to stand strong to your choice is very important. Some resources that I would direct them towards would be planned parenthood brochure and website information. 





No comments:

Post a Comment